Five-Star Hotel & Resort Built on Site of Historic French Castle
PARIS & LOS ANGELES, MAY 13, 2019 -- Beginning a new chapter in its 400-year heritage, Alexandra Palace (formerly Château du Petit Chêne), officially reopens to the public on June 8 as a new five-star hotel and resort after three years and a multi-million dollar reconstruction. The 17th century chateau in Mazières-en-Gâtine France, sits amidst 250 pristine acres of wooded parkland, lakes and an 18-hole golf course.
Zaya S. Younan, Chairman and CEO of the Younan Company and La Grande Maison Younan Collection says everything but several walls of the castle were replaced. “Basically, we built a new hotel, while respecting the original structure and historic design” he says. “The former castle was shuttered for more than 50 years. We acquired it in 2015 and spent a year renovating the castle as a luxury hotel. Three weeks before the completion, the castle was destroyed in a catastrophic fire. We have spent the last two years rebuilding and expanding the structure to create a five-star luxury resort.”
The result is a one-of-a-kind hotel beautifully situated amidst a world-class golf course in the picturesque Deux-Sevres countryside. No expense was spared to ensure that exquisite craftsmanship was integrated with 21st century amenities. The craftsmen and designers were tasked with formulating a design concept that honors the past, while celebrating the future.
The project details include:
- Light and bright lobby and reception area
- Eighteen beautiful guest rooms, which includes two suites. Each room with its own unique design and décor. Every room offers a private bath clad in white Carrara marble and luxury bath products. Guest rooms are furnished in period pieces and French antiques,
- Each floor will be decorated differently: The first floor in classic chateau style, and the second floor in contemporary chic style.
- One of the largest wine cellars in Deux-Sevres that is stocked with more than 100,000 bottles of wines and champagnes, including Chateau la Croix Younan Grand Cru.
- Spa services on demand.
- Complete wedding planning services.
- Two event and conference rooms with seating for up to 100, and free Wifi throughout the property.
- Formal French garden.
- Access to the historic Petit Chêne golf course.
- Plans to build a swimming pool by spring 2020.
“We are excited to inaugurate the newest chapter of Alexandra Palace with our clientele in France and around the world,” added Mr. Younan. With the opening of Alexandra Palace, we are elevating the total guest experience. We are confident that Alexandra Palace is a world-class destination, and it exemplifies our mission that everyone deserves a night in a castle.”
About Younan Company
The Younan Company is a global private equity firm that specializes in acquisitions and management of various assets and companies in the luxury consumer space. The company’s strategy is to build a portfolio of luxury products and properties, lifestyle companies and services, and it is recognized as a global luxury brand with more than $1.2 billion in assets under management through its subsidiaries Younan Properties, and La Grande Maison Younan Collection. The Younan Collection owns and manages luxury hotels and resorts in France including Château de Beauvois, Hôtel Saint-Martin, Château Le Prieuré, Alexandra Palace, Château de Vaugouard, Château de la Perrière; premium cigar maker El Septimo Geneva SA ; Golf des Forges, Golf du Petit Chêne, Golf d’Avrillé, and Golf de Vaugouard ; two vineyards in Saint-Emilion, including Château La Croix Younan, and Château La Garelle, and MPA Studio de Création in Paris. It recently acquired its first beach resort, Malibu Foz Hotel and Resort in Figueira da Foz, Portugal.