Content Article Count: 2
About Article Count: 4
Senior Management Article Count: 4
Employment Opportunities Article Count: 4
We have an immediate opening for a hands-on Building Engineer in Colorado Springs, CO providing engineering and general maintenance services for our three building office complex.
This position requires the ability to efficiently operate and maintain commercial office buildings, systems, equipment and critical environments as well as utilizing advanced skills to perform complex preventative maintenance and corrective repairs.
Key responsibilities and accountabilities:
- Interpret technical issues to prevent equipment and facilities downtime and proactively pursue equipment and maintenance related issues.
- Work under limited supervision, monitoring building system operations and performance.
- Utilize several trade skills such as HVAC, plumbing, electrical, carpentry, painting and roofing.
- Inspect all building systems including HVAC, fire/life safety, plumbing and electrical to ensure operation of equipment is within design capabilities and achieves optimal environmental conditions.
- Coordinate and perform preventive maintenance tasks to minimize business interruption and ensure that buildings, systems and equipment meet or exceed their rated life.
- Monitor/oversee and inspect the work performed by service contractors including but not limited to HVAC, fire/life safety, roofing, electrical, plumbing, remodeling and landscaping.
- Program and monitor building system alarms such as Building Management System and critical environment alarms to ensure business continuity and operation of equipment.
- Perform assigned repairs, emergency and preventative maintenance.
- Respond quickly to emergency situations, summoning additional assistance as needed including nights weekends and holidays.
- Order necessary materials and supplies to complete all tasks as approved by the Property Manager.
- Maintain building lighting system, including element and ballast repair/replacement
- .Provide mentorship and informal assistance such as technical guidance and/or training to coworkers.
- Assist, coordinate or oversee various construction projects including tenant buildouts, R&M and capital projects as required.
- Assist with generating operating costs for budgeting purposes (i.e. various R&M and/or capital projects, building supplies etc.)
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Must be able to pass government security clearance.
- EPA 608 Universal Certification; Refrigeration experience preferred.
- A minimum of five years of experience with the operation of commercial office buildings both low and high-rise buildings to include:
◦HVAC systems- rotary and scroll chillers, large volume and complex air-handlers, generators, condenser pumps, cold water pumps, VAV boxes, multi-zone, DDC, Pneumatic, and building automation systems
◦Various codes (i.e. ADA, NFPA, Energy Conservation, etc.)
- General knowledge of mechanical, electrical, plumbing and related trades involved in large HVAC operations
- Development and implementation of maintenance schedules and principles used in HVAC management, such as complex smoke evacuation systems and energy management systems.
- Must have the ability to use deductive logic for troubleshooting equipment.
- Demonstrated ability to install, operate, calibrate, repair and replace building automation control systems (using direct digital controls) and all types of devices; electrical, mechanical and pneumatic.
- Ability to perform the physical tasks involved in maintaining and troubleshooting HVAC systems, including the ability to lift 50 pounds on an occasional basis, ability to tolerate exposure to noise, dust and conditions of HVAC environments, normal eyesight (with correction), and normal hearing range.
- Must demonstrate a high level of initiative, effort and judgment in completing assignments efficiently under minimal supervision. Must demonstrate leadership and attention to detail, and take the necessary precautions to complete assignments safely.
- Able to use computers and software applications (word processing, spreadsheets and computerized maintenance management systems) at a proficient level to make and update reports, use e-mail, etc.
- Able to work at a multi-building complex and travel from building to building by foot during rain, snow, and heat.Must have the ability to climb a ladder and stairs.
- Ability to keep an "on-call" schedule, with occasional work required after designated working hours, holidays, and weekends.
- Candidates must be personable, have the ability to interact in a positive manner, and develop a professional rapport with clients.
- Must be able to communicate effectively both verbally and written.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
High school diploma or general education degree (GED) and a minimum of five years of related experience and/or training on a variety of systems used in commercial office buildings.
ABOUT YOUNAN PROPERTIES
Founded in 2002, Younan Properties makes principal investments and provides asset management services for Class A office assets and retail centers on behalf of private, corporate and institutional investors. Through successful acquisitions and strategic dispositions, the company has assembled a fully scalable platform. Domestically, the company owns and manages Class A properties in Chicago, Los Angeles, Dallas, Houston, Phoenix and Colorado Springs. In 2015, the Company formed a new international subsidiary, La Grande Maison Younan Collection to acquire luxury resort properties in Europe. The Collection currently owns five historic, luxury hotels and two golf course resorts in France.
Younan Properties is offering a competitive package, including health, dental, vision, life, long term and short term disability insurance, 401k, paid holidays and personal time off.
Younan Properties Article Count: 0
Dallas Article Count: 9
The local economy of Dallas-Fort Worth benefits from the region's consistent population growth and a diverse mix of industries that include aerospace, manufacturing, telecommunications, finance, trade, energy and health services. Dallas-Fort Worth is one of the most affordable markets among major metropolitan areas in the United States, and Newsweek ranks Texas first for "job-seeking Americans." The Dallas-Fort Worth unemployment rate was 5.2% at the end of June in 2014. From 2013 to 2014, the DFW area added 106,800 new jobs for an increase of 3.5% on a year over year basis. The Dallas-Fort Worth office market comprised more than 218 million square feet, ranking it the fourth largest MSA in the nation and one of the fastest growing regions in the country. The current population in the DFW area is 6.8 million, a third higher than it was in 2010. The population is expected to climb to 7.4 million by 2019.
Houston Article Count: 7
Houston is the second fastest growing city in the U.S. according to the Census Bureau. The market has diversified away from energy-related sectors in the past decade, improving the region's economic stability. Houston's health services industry has enjoyed robust growth as a result of the pre-eminence of the Texas Medical Center, the world's largest medical complex. Strong population growth helps support the regional economy. With an estimated population of 6.1 million in 2014, the greater Houston metropolitan area is ranked second in the nation for Fortune 500 company headquarters. With 26 corporate headquarters, Houston only is outpaced by New York. Houston's numerous amenities and low cost of living attract new residents at a steady pace, and Houston unemployment stood at 5.1% at the end of June 2014. Houston ranks fifth on the 2014 Best Cities for Jobs list published by Forbes Magazine.
Chicago Article Count: 5
Chicago has evolved into a professional and financial services-oriented economy and is recognized as a global financial center and the financial capital of the Midwest.It is home to the corporate headquarters of 57 Fortune 1000 companies. The area is home to the largest futures exchange in the world. At the same time, Chicago remains a dominant city in the nation's manufacturing core, and its geographic location and extensive transportation network allow the area to retain its place as a major transportation and distribution center. Approximately 9.6 million people live in the Chicago metropolitan area, making it the third-largest metropolitan area in the United States. As of June 2014, the Chicago office market and area suburbs comprised nearly 240 million square feet, ranking it the third largest office market in the nation. Younan Properties is an owner and manager of Class A office properties in Chicago.
Los Angeles Article Count: 4
With an estimated population of more than 10 million people, the Los Angeles metropolitan region ranks as the second largest metro economy in the United States. Trade, tourism and media-related industries, as well as the information services industry and the growing technology sector, are clustered in Los Angeles and vital to the regional and national economy. The entertainment industry is one of Los Angeles' core economic strengths and one of the region's most high-profile sectors. Some 30.8% of the population 25 years or older had attained a bachelor's degree or higher level of education according to the latest Census. At the midpoint of 2014, total office inventory in the greater Los Angeles market area was nearly 200 million square feet, according to CoStar. Younan Properties, a privately-held commercial real estate investment management company is headquartered in Los Angeles, with properties in Los Angeles, Dallas-Fort Worth, Houston, Chicago and Phoenix.
Phoenix Article Count: 4
Phoenix ranks as the 6th largest city in the United States. The Phoenix metropolitan area was one of the fastest-growing areas in the nation during the past decade, with an annual population growth of 4.5%, driven by high levels of net migration. Housing and trade have become major pillars in Phoenix's economy. The life sciences, consulting and high-tech industries also have a large presence in Phoenix and have been driving professional and business services sector employment. Phoenix benefits from an aerospace and defense presence, as well as a burgeoning semiconductor manufacturing industry that requires a number of research and development facilities and employs many science and technology workers. As of June 2014, the metro Phoenix unemployment rate was 5.6% and continues to slowly drop as new jobs are added. The total Phoenix office market is 104.5 million rentable square feet. Younan Properties is one of the most respected commercial property investment groups in Phoenix.
Colorado Springs Article Count: 3
Colorado Springs is the second largest city in the state. It was founded in 1871 and has evolved from a quaint spa resort to a city of sophistication that holds the charm of small town ambience.
Colorado Springs is located 80 miles south of Denver International Airport. World class ski resorts lie within an hour’s drive of the city. Over six million visitors flock to the area each year from around the globe. There are over 300 days of sunshine to be enjoyed in Colorado Springs annually. At an altitude of 6,035 feet, the climate of Colorado Springs and the Pikes Peak region is warm in the summer and moderate in the spring, fall and winter.
Colorado Springs is home to 12 universities, eight colleges and four graduate schools, including the Air Force Academy. Younan Properties is an owner and manager of Class A office properties in Colorado Springs.