ASSISTANT PROPERTY MANAGER
Younan Properties Inc. has an immediate need for a well organized, and highly motivated Assistant Property Manager in suburban Chicago who enjoys working in a fast-paced entrepreneurial environment. Candidates must take ownership of this role and be an active member of the team. If you have at least five years’ experience in commercial office building property management, this may be the right opportunity for you!
• Assist with preparation of annual budgets and re-forecasts, CAM and Tax escalations and reconciliations
• Assist with preparation of monthly variance report, aged delinquency report, rent rolls, and other financial reports
• Prepare and distribute tenant rent statements and administer the collection of account receivables
• Review account payable invoices and prepare vouchers for payment
• Prepare accurate tenant bill-backs and internal re-bills in a timely manner
• Prepare invoices for miscellaneous contractor charges, tenant notices and mailings
• Assist in the preparation and submission of tenant set package: lease/amendment, lease abstract, RCD, etc.
• Update accounting on status of capital/expense/TI projects
• Provide accruals for expenses that have been incurred, but not invoiced
- General Administrative/Office/Operations:
• Assist in overseeing service contracts including regular property inspections, specifically noting maintenance and cleaning issues
• Attend and contributing to periodic staff meetings relating to the operation and management of the building. Making other personnel aware of problems relating to the property, potential problems and solutions
• Answer and direct incoming calls from tenants, vendors and service contractors|
• Provide prompt response to tenant requests for engineering, security, janitorial services, etc., and prepare the work order for appropriate personnel
• Ensure all work orders are processed and delegated to appropriate personnel, including coordinating the moves of tenants in and out of the building
• Maintain office supplies, stock, and office equipment, including phone system
• Maintain positive and effective working relationship with all tenants, contractors, and employees
• Assist in development and updating of tenant manuals, emergency procedures and other necessary formal tenant communications Be familiar with and capable of performing all duties assigned in the emergency procedures manual
• Update tenant files
• Maintain appearance of the office and signage throughout the buildings, i.e. lobby directory, elevators, corridor, restroom, etc.
• Collection of other necessary documents for tenant files (i.e. leases, amendments, build-out and sign plans, estoppel letters, etc.).
• Prepare punch lists and assists with walkthrough of project with tenants and contractors
• Prepare project service agreements for capital projects
• Prepare vendor contracts and maintain contract log
• Demonstrate initiative in recognizing needs of the building and tenants, particularly where tenants’ satisfaction is involved, and responding to company policy accordingly, including coordination of additional services and tenant education with regard to building policies and procedures
• Maintain building manuals (Tenant, Security, and Emergency Procedures)
• Prepare tenant surveys and assist in special tenant events
• Maintain current list of emergency contacts and telephone numbers for management staff, tenants and contractors
• Coordinate and submit various tenants forms/process: move in, move out, holdover etc.
- • High school diploma required; associates degree preferred
• 3+ years of general office/administrative experience
• 3+ years of commercial real estate office experience preferred
• Knowledge of basic accounting
• Strong communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills to interact with tenants, vendors and other contacts
• Ability to multi-task and work independently with a keen eye for detail
• Positive “get the job done" attitude and the desire and ability to perform in a fast-paced entrepreneurial environment
• Ability to manage multiple priorities and meet deadlines
• Strong Excel and Word
• Yardi experience preferred
Younan Properties is offering a competitive package, including health, dental, vision, life, short- and long-term disability insurance, 401k, paid holidays and personal time off. EOE
Younan Properties, Inc., is a privately held real estate investment and management company, specializing in acquiring and managing Class A office properties in strong growth markets throughout the United States including Houston, Dallas, Chicago, Los Angeles, Phoenix and Colorado Springs. The company is recognized for its detailed, hands-on approach to improving operational efficiencies while maintaining top building standards for tenants. Younan's fully-integrated real estate investment company offers in-house expertise and resources in leasing, asset and property management, marketing, acquisitions, redevelopment, facility engineering and financing.