Younan Properties Inc. has an immediate need for a well-organized, and highly motivated Controller in Los Angeles who enjoys working in a fast-paced entrepreneurial environment. Candidates must take ownership of this role and be an active member of the team.
The Controller will oversee all accounting and financial reporting functions, including general accounting, A/R, A/P, financial reporting, cash management, and international accounting. She/He will prepare a robust financial reporting package, including insightful analysis of key variances vs. budget and prior year, for use by the executive team, investors, and lendors. Robust cash management and cash flow forecasting will be essential. She/He will build the talent and processes within the accounting team to support the growth ambitions of the organization. This is a critical leadership position in the Finance function in this dynamic company.
- Oversee all activities of the accounting department, including the month-end close process, accounting operations (AR, AP, payroll), financial reporting, and cash management.
- Oversee and direct the preparation of reports that summarize business results (revenue, expense, and earnings) and financial position (balance sheet and cash flow) of the business.
- Set priorities and goals for the accounting department. Hire new employees. Develop and manage members of the accounting team.
- Safegaurd the campany's assets and establish and maintain corporate accounting policies, procedures and internal controls to ensure conformance with US GAAP and other laws/regulations.
- Manage and evolve core accounting processes including the monthly close process, accounts receivable, and accounts payable.
- Serve as the key technical accounting expert for the company.
- Ensure accounting systems and processes are continually streamlined via process improvement to achieve greater efficiences and accuracy in the level and timeliness of reporting (continous improvement),
- Ensure that operational and design effectiveness of internal controls is maintained.
- Work with other members of finance team and the executive team to prepare board and investor materials.
- Ensure cost and expense control procedures are in place; analyze cash flow and expenses to guide the executive team.
- Manage external auditors and ensure completeness of all documentation required for annual audits.
- Support the executive team on key financial decisions.
- Must have a minimum Bachelor's Degree in Accounting.
- Must have had at least 7 years of working experience in a leading accounting position within a fast-paced and dynamic position, preferably as an Accounting Manager or Controller.
- Must have Commercial Real Estate experience specially in the office sector.
- Previous experience in a start-up organization or proven skills in organizing a team is preferred.
- Highly proficient in Yardi software, MS Excel, MS Office, MS Outlook, and PowerPoint, which will be necessary in the creation of financial reports and recommendations.
ABOUT YOUNAN PROPERTIES:
Founded in 2002, Younan Properties makes principal investments and provides asset management services for Class A office buildings and retail centers on behalf of private, corporate and institutional investors. Through successful acquisitions and strategic dispositions, the company has assembled a fully scalable platform. Domestically, the company owns and manages Class A properties in Chicago, Los Angeles, Dallas, Houston, Phoenix and Colorado Springs. In 2015, the Company formed a new international subsidiary, La Grande Maison Younan Collection to acquire luxury resort properties in Europe. The Collection currently owns seven historic, luxury hotels in France & Portugal, four golf courses in France, two vineyards in the Saint-Emilion, Bordeaux region, MPA design agency in Paris, and El Septimo Cigars headquarted in Geneva, Switzerland.
Younan Properties is offering a competitive package, including health, dental, vision, life, long term and short term disability insurance, 401k, paid holidays and personal time off. EOE