We have an immediate opening for a hands-on Building Engineer in Colorado Springs, CO providing engineering and general maintenance services for our three building office complex.
This position requires the ability to efficiently operate and maintain commercial office buildings, systems, equipment and critical environments as well as utilizing advanced skills to perform complex preventative maintenance and corrective repairs.
Key responsibilities and accountabilities:
- Interpret technical issues to prevent equipment and facilities downtime and proactively pursue equipment and maintenance related issues.
- Work under limited supervision, monitoring building system operations and performance.
- Utilize several trade skills such as HVAC, plumbing, electrical, carpentry, painting and roofing.
- Inspect all building systems including HVAC, fire/life safety, plumbing and electrical to ensure operation of equipment is within design capabilities and achieves optimal environmental conditions.
- Coordinate and perform preventive maintenance tasks to minimize business interruption and ensure that buildings, systems and equipment meet or exceed their rated life.
- Monitor/oversee and inspect the work performed by service contractors including but not limited to HVAC, fire/life safety, roofing, electrical, plumbing, remodeling and landscaping.
- Program and monitor building system alarms such as Building Management System and critical environment alarms to ensure business continuity and operation of equipment.
- Perform assigned repairs, emergency and preventative maintenance.
- Respond quickly to emergency situations, summoning additional assistance as needed including nights weekends and holidays.
- Order necessary materials and supplies to complete all tasks as approved by the Property Manager.
- Maintain building lighting system, including element and ballast repair/replacement
- .Provide mentorship and informal assistance such as technical guidance and/or training to coworkers.
- Assist, coordinate or oversee various construction projects including tenant buildouts, R&M and capital projects as required.
- Assist with generating operating costs for budgeting purposes (i.e. various R&M and/or capital projects, building supplies etc.)
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Must be able to pass government security clearance.
- EPA 608 Universal Certification; Refrigeration experience preferred.
- A minimum of five years of experience with the operation of commercial office buildings both low and high-rise buildings to include:
◦HVAC systems- rotary and scroll chillers, large volume and complex air-handlers, generators, condenser pumps, cold water pumps, VAV boxes, multi-zone, DDC, Pneumatic, and building automation systems
◦Various codes (i.e. ADA, NFPA, Energy Conservation, etc.)
- General knowledge of mechanical, electrical, plumbing and related trades involved in large HVAC operations
- Development and implementation of maintenance schedules and principles used in HVAC management, such as complex smoke evacuation systems and energy management systems.
- Must have the ability to use deductive logic for troubleshooting equipment.
- Demonstrated ability to install, operate, calibrate, repair and replace building automation control systems (using direct digital controls) and all types of devices; electrical, mechanical and pneumatic.
- Ability to perform the physical tasks involved in maintaining and troubleshooting HVAC systems, including the ability to lift 50 pounds on an occasional basis, ability to tolerate exposure to noise, dust and conditions of HVAC environments, normal eyesight (with correction), and normal hearing range.
- Must demonstrate a high level of initiative, effort and judgment in completing assignments efficiently under minimal supervision. Must demonstrate leadership and attention to detail, and take the necessary precautions to complete assignments safely.
- Able to use computers and software applications (word processing, spreadsheets and computerized maintenance management systems) at a proficient level to make and update reports, use e-mail, etc.
- Able to work at a multi-building complex and travel from building to building by foot during rain, snow, and heat.Must have the ability to climb a ladder and stairs.
- Ability to keep an "on-call" schedule, with occasional work required after designated working hours, holidays, and weekends.
- Candidates must be personable, have the ability to interact in a positive manner, and develop a professional rapport with clients.
- Must be able to communicate effectively both verbally and written.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
High school diploma or general education degree (GED) and a minimum of five years of related experience and/or training on a variety of systems used in commercial office buildings.
ABOUT YOUNAN PROPERTIES
Founded in 2001, Younan Properties makes principal investments and provides asset management services for Class A office assets and retail centers on behalf of private, corporate and institutional investors. Through successful acquisitions and strategic dispositions, the company has assembled a fully scalable platform. Domestically, the company owns and manages Class A properties in Chicago, Los Angeles, Dallas, Houston, Phoenix and Colorado Springs. In 2015, the Company formed a new international subsidiary, La Grande Maison Younan Collection to acquire luxury resort properties in Europe. The Collection currently owns five historic, luxury hotels and two golf course resorts in France.
Younan Properties is offering a competitive package, including health, dental, vision, life, long term and short term disability insurance, 401k, paid holidays and personal time off.