Younan Properties Achieves Exceptional Growth with Acquisition of 2.6 Million Sq. Ft
WOODLAND HILLS, CA (January 16, 2006) In a year of exceptional expansion, Woodland Hills, Calif.-based Younan Properties, Inc. (YPI), one of the fastest-growing, privately held real estate investment groups in the country, acquired 10 Class A office properties in 2005 totaling 2.6 million square feet. Its successful campaign to grow and improve the quality of its assets also included the disposition of six Class B office buildings sales that delivered an average return of 45% to its investors.
The portfolio upgrade yielded a boost in the average size and occupancy of YPI properties. The median size of Younan Properties' office buildings rose from 120,000 square feet to 350,000 square feet, while average occupancy climbed from 67% to more than 85% in 2005. With a dual focus on operational efficiencies and tenant satisfaction, Younan Properties increased the average gross revenue and average net operating income per-building, per-square-foot by more than 32%.
We're extremely proud of what we accomplished in 2005, and we are now in a very strong position for accelerated growth in 2006, said Zaya S. Younan, chairman and CEO of Younan Properties, Inc. Our evolution into one of the fastest-growing commercial real estate companies in the country and one of the best office landlords will be solidified next year, as we achieve our goal of acquiring another five million square feet of Class A office space in some of the country's most promising submarkets.
Noteworthy 2005 acquisitions for YPI include:
- Four Gateway, a four-story, 138,000-square-foot office building located at 444 North 44th Street near the Phoenix/Sky Harbor Airport in Phoenix, Arizona. Major tenants include Value Option and Eclypsis.
- Southpoint Executive Center, a four-story, 136,000-square-foot, institutional quality, Class A office building located at 151 Southhall Lane in Maitland, Florida. Noteworthy tenants include Ford Motor Credit, Sprint and Voit Brokerage Co.
- Embassy Plaza, a seven-story, 140,196-square-foot office building located at 1933 North Meacham Road in Schaumburg, Illinois. Major tenants include ConAgra, Bakemark Ingredients, Tellabs Operations and Bechtel Corporation.
- One North Arlington, a seven-story, 158,879-square-foot office building located at 1500 West Shure
Drive in Arlington Heights, Illinois. Major tenants include State Farm Automobile Insurance Company and AMCOL International.
- Prairie Stone Commons, a three-story, two-building office property totaling 110,000 square feet located at 5401 & 5407 Trillium Blvd. in Chicago, Illinois. Major tenants include Sears, Levis Strauss & Co, Maytag, Whirlpool, SERTA, Frigidaire and John Deere.
- North Central Plaza, a 16-story, 346,575-square-foot tower located at Dallas' second busiest intersection, at the southwest corner of the LBJ Freeway and North Central Expressway. Major tenants include Snelling & Snelling, Marc USA, Trinity Consultant, Bridgefarmer & Associates, Inc. and Interlink-Partners.
- Eighty-Eighty Central, a 17-story, 283,707-square-foot high-rise located in the heart of Dallas' North Central Expressway submarket, just one block from a Dallas light rail system stop. Major tenants include Compass Bank, Health Texas Provider and Maynord Oil Company.
- 9400 Plaza, a 16-story, 379,556-square-foot office building strategically located in the North Dallas area on North Central Expressway between Walnut Hill Lane and Park Lane. Major tenants include Milliman & Robertson, Benefit Partners, Promotion Network and Kennedy Wilson Properties.
- Four Forest Plaza, a 19-story, 395,000-square-foot contemporary office building located at 12222 Merit Drive, near Highway 75 and Interstate 635 in North Dallas. Major tenants include Zurich US, ACIG Insurance, Lee Financial Corporation, International Risk Management and Huselton & Morgan.
- Lakeside Square, a modern 18-story, 398,000-square-foot lakefront office building located at 12377 Merit Drive in north suburban Dallas at the intersection of the LBJ Freeway and North Central Expressway. Major tenants include National City Mortgage, Towers Perrin Forster, CH2M Hill, Federal Liaison Services, and Exco Resources.
Younan Properties' bid for continued growth calls for a continued focus on acquisitions in Florida, Illinois and Texas, as well as other areas of the Southwest. The firm plans to expand its dominant presence in Dallas, where it is now the second-largest office property owner, as well as Chicago's northwest suburbs.
Known for its detailed, hands-on approach to improving operational efficiencies while maintaining top building standards for tenants, Younan Properties' management team has more than four decades of experience in developing and managing commercial real estate in high growth markets throughout the United States. Headed by Zaya S. Younan, Younan Properties has accumulated more than $600 million in real estate holdings since its inception in 2002. The company's national portfolio currently includes 20 Class A office properties totaling more than 4.6 million square feet.